Photo

Yarr (YOLO in pirate-speak)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 igge

igge

Deck Hand

• Clan Member
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:46

Well, I should maybe have posted here a while ago, but better late than never I guess ;)

I'm Igge, aka Olav Greyhand, aka Evil Iggelito, aka Iggy Greyhand, aka... and so on...

Joined the GW2-squad around December 15'th and have been playing GW2 since beta. Playing on Gunnars Hold for two years, mostly PvE'ing but also w3'ing a little from time to time.

I play a guardian as my main but switches in my necro, ele or ranger if I'm tired of zerging. I have a warrior too but I'm old and slow so I need to practice more before I dare to take him in to a zerg ;)

--- below is a wall of text, don't worry, there is a TL;DR --

I'm an old fart, born in 1972, and have been around computers since 1985. Worked with them on a professional level since 1994... I started gaming around 1998 (wut? not gaming before that?? well, not on PC ;) ) and went full retard on the FPS-scene.... I never played CS... didn't like it and so many cheaters/glithers... But Rainbow 6, Delta Force.. oh, Ghost Recon... can't recall the names now :)

Then in 2002, DICE released Battlefield 1942... BOOM! yeah! this is MY jam! Playing 4-5 hours/day, competing in 10vs10 battles, pug's.. anything. When Battlefield Vietnam was released I joined a ledgendary clan on the BF-scene, Northern Brigade, NBrigade... Started by a few of the DICE-guys it was the pinnacle of serious gaming. Internal practice every day and atleast two matches/week. We basicly ruled the league for 6 months. Then we had a falling out with the "manegement", mostly because we had different views on the roster... so we splitt, creating Exit 11 (since we left on Nov. 11) and started at the bottom of the league... it took 4 weeks and we we're back as #1. Then the whole BF-scene died. BF2 was such a glitch-game with dolphin-diving and cheats EVERYWHERE, even a few of the "top-guys" were busted and it pretty much was no real community as it was in BF1942/Vietnam. So I quit. Handed in my gun and went back to only playing public games, a few hours/week... and some CO-OP games with my then GF (now wife, Hey Gabbz! ;) ). I bought BF3, did some public gaming but it never felt like a fun clan-game since the air-power was so OP only Metro was any fun ;)

When we tried GW1 it was a perfect fit, no monthly charge, we could play as little or as much as we wanted... turned out we played alot :)

TL;DR
Hi! :)

#2 Boons

Boons

Cabin Boy

• Clan Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:49

Welcome to the Ship pal :D
GW2 - Sunny Em
ArcheAge - Boone

#3 Danneh

Danneh

Pirate God

• Administrators
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 22:59

Awesome tl have you here mate! Loved 1942/Vietnam, we played it so much!!!!

Your support on my pages are appreciated: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube & Twitch!

Latest video: Pirate Gaming's Glorious Guild Wars 2 Team

#4 Delether

Delether

Cabin Boy

• Officers
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 17:49

Welcome to the pirate team! ;)

Change Theme!