Photo

Agrarian Skies

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 Foamz

Foamz

Carebear Admin

• Administrators
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:35

Is anyone interested in an Agrarian Skies server? I don't know about everyone else but I've kinda burned out on Monster, but I've been playing Ag. Skies over the weekend and it's certainly made Minecraft interesting and fun again.

If you've never played Ag. Skies before... it's a bit different to other modpacks:

• The entire map is void except for your little starting island (you can play alone or in teams - each group gets their own island).
  • You get a dirt block, a handful of saplings and a couple of stacks of bonemeal to start off. All the rest of your materials come from these few items through various processes!
  • Heavy focus on automation - you really need it to get enough materials to survive.
  • Hunger has been overhauled... you know go hungry pretty quickly (even while AFK) and vanilla food isn't quite as good, but there are a lot more food items to make up for it.
  • Hardcore mode - you have a number of lives and if you lose them all you get removed from the server. This isn't quite as bad as it seems as you can obtain extra lives fairly easily.
  • There are quests and progression! This sounds terrible for Minecraft but it actually works really well and is one of the central mods of the pack. It acts as a bit of a tutorial early on, then after that gives you a sense of progression and something to aim for.
  • It seems to be really well balanced... much thought has gone into this pack!

Other than that it's got most of the usual suspects mod wise - Thermal Expansion, Tinkers Construct, OpenBlocks, ExtraUtilities, MFR, etc. plus a fair few mods that we haven't seen before, all heavily tweaked for the pack.

If anyone else is interested in playing it then I'll pop up a server; our current hardware has a bit of extra capacity so I can easily have it running alongside Monster. Let me know!

#2 Emphasition

Emphasition

Google aka Omniscient

• Officers
  • 464 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:16

Was literally browsing for servers to play this on with a few RL friends so that would be perfect.

I like that there is a progression with the quest book etc, and the fact your lives are pretty important for... well staying on the server. From what I've seen the randomly spawning elite mobs don't make keeping them easy though :D

Io in realtà non so italiano, ho solo usato un traduttore

#3 Trojan

Trojan

Minecraft Abandoner

• Honorary Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 16:33

yes yes and yes

i asked you about it when we started with the monster server :)

Edited by Trojan, 18 August 2014 - 16:34.

#4 zeeZ

zeeZ

Cannon Loader

• Clan Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 17:47

I've tried it, not my cup of tea. Might hop on if I can leech off of someone :P

#5 kratenko

kratenko

Deck Hand

• Clan Member
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 20:32

Try it, I would, oc. Seen some vids with it. Is a different thing, I think. I don't feel done with the current one, just to let you know. Just came back to doing stuff on it yesterday...

Oh and, yeah: it's garst in minecraft – multiple unrelated names to increase confusion.

#6 Foamz

Foamz

Carebear Admin

• Administrators
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:59

Don't worry, the Monster server isn't going anywhere :)

Will set up a server tomorrow then (or technically later today... whatever :P). Won't have a fancy auto-whitelist like the Monster one so give me a poke on the PG chat or PM me or something if you want a spot :) There's room for 8 teams by default on the map, but I'm sure it's possible to add more if needs be.

Rules 'n' Shit:

• Build area is 5 chunks in all directions from your starting chest. 5 chunks is exactly half way between you and your neighbour :)
  • Chunkloaders - use the ChickenChunks ones, not the MFR one. They'll be set to only work when you're online for obvious balance reasons
  • Multi-rewards are off so group play isn't ultra op.

Will post when it's all up and running, likely to be mid afternoon or early evening :)

#7 Emphasition

Emphasition

Google aka Omniscient

• Officers
  • 464 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 14:24

Does anyone know if there is way of getting this to work with 32bit windows? For some reason my friend still has 32bit windows 7 and as a result can't download the 64bit java that seems to magically make everything in ftb work.

#8 kratenko

kratenko

Deck Hand

• Clan Member
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 14:41

Don't worry, the Monster server isn't going anywhere :)

Excellent...

Will set up a server tomorrow then (or technically later today... whatever :P). Won't have a fancy auto-whitelist like the Monster one so give me a poke on the PG chat or PM me or something if you want a spot :) There's room for 8 teams by default on the map, but I'm sure it's possible to add more if needs be.

*poke*

Dunno about teaming, have no one to do that for now. I know there are some mates I got along with on the "normal" servers quite a bit, so - I'm open for joining... won't be on tonight though, I fear... more like tomorrow.

• Build area is 5 chunks in all directions from your starting chest. 5 chunks is exactly half way between you and your neighbour :)

Not sure how this reads. I'd understand it that neighbours' borders will touch but not overlap.

Oh and, yeah: it's garst in minecraft – multiple unrelated names to increase confusion.

#9 Foamz

Foamz

Carebear Admin

• Administrators
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 15:49

Does anyone know if there is way of getting this to work with 32bit windows? For some reason my friend still has 32bit windows 7 and as a result can't download the 64bit java that seems to magically make everything in ftb work.

Unlikely - think the pack needs at least 2GB of RAM to work, whereas 32-bit Java can only allocate 1.2-1.5 on Windows. Sorry!

Not sure how this reads. I'd understand it that neighbours' borders will touch but not overlap.

Yeah, if you build a bridge extending to the end of the 5th chunk from your house, and your neighbour does the same, you'll meet in the middle.

#10 Emphasition

Emphasition

Google aka Omniscient

• Officers
  • 464 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 16:02

Unlikely - think the pack needs at least 2GB of RAM to work, whereas 32-bit Java can only allocate 1.2-1.5 on Windows. Sorry!

Ah okay I thought that might be the case, thanks anyway. We will just have to get him 64bit windows 7 :)

#11 Foamz

Foamz

Carebear Admin

• Administrators
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 17:14

Saying that, I've just been flying around getting the server sorted and Java hasn't allocated more than 1103MB so your friend might have some luck. Get them to stick with the default texture pack and knock their view distance back and it might work! Would imagine single player might be tricky 'cause of the extra memory requirement there but they might be able to get away with multiplayer.

Of course if the pack doesn't launch at all with an out of memory error then they're out of luck :(

#12 Trojan

Trojan

Minecraft Abandoner

• Honorary Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 17:56

do you have an ETA?

:)

#13 Emphasition

Emphasition

Google aka Omniscient

• Officers
  • 464 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 18:08

Oh that would be great if it worked.

He got it working and we tried a random server but it lagged/crashed when joining the agrarian skies area. I'll get him to give it a try and see what happens :)

#14 Trojan

Trojan

Minecraft Abandoner

• Honorary Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 18:08

just tested agrarian skeis need 64 bit to run

#15 Foamz

Foamz

Carebear Admin

• Administrators
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 18:19

ETA is now! :P

Address is mc.pirategaming.co.uk:25665

I've imported the Monster whitelist over, and anyone is free to add to it - /whitelist add player-name-goes-here

When you join, pick a colour and open up the strongbox next to that colour's door - there's a sign, a quest book and a warp book inside. Use the sign to mark your door, then use the warp book to teleport to your island (right-click with it in your hand then click the button). Probably wise to /sethome on your island just in case you die before you get a bed up!

I'm gonna be afk for a bit but server is open and I'll join in an hour or so. Scream loud if you need me - PG chat is the best method to get a quick response :)

#16 zeeZ

zeeZ

Cannon Loader

• Clan Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 19:22

Attached File  potato.png   8.21KB   0 downloads

#17 kratenko

kratenko

Deck Hand

• Clan Member
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 15:04

Sweet fully automated sieving, all three types in parallel.

Attached Files

#18 zeeZ

zeeZ

Cannon Loader

• Clan Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 20:33

Here's the current status of Zeezconia (working title):

http://imgur.com/a/9LL3V

Attached File  2014-08-26_21.50.05.png   595.22KB   0 downloads

#19 kratenko

kratenko

Deck Hand

• Clan Member
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 22:41

Hej, you guys are using the same kind oft stone for your castle, that I'm building mine out of, too.

#20 Henkb

Henkb

Deck Hand

• Honorary Member
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 16:21

hey geus is there still a server running ??

Posted Image

Change Theme!