Is anyone interested in an Agrarian Skies server? I don't know about everyone else but I've kinda burned out on Monster, but I've been playing Ag. Skies over the weekend and it's certainly made Minecraft interesting and fun again.
If you've never played Ag. Skies before... it's a bit different to other modpacks:
- The entire map is void except for your little starting island (you can play alone or in teams - each group gets their own island).
- You get a dirt block, a handful of saplings and a couple of stacks of bonemeal to start off. All the rest of your materials come from these few items through various processes!
- Heavy focus on automation - you really need it to get enough materials to survive.
- Hunger has been overhauled... you know go hungry pretty quickly (even while AFK) and vanilla food isn't quite as good, but there are a lot more food items to make up for it.
- Hardcore mode - you have a number of lives and if you lose them all you get removed from the server. This isn't quite as bad as it seems as you can obtain extra lives fairly easily.
- There are quests and progression! This sounds terrible for Minecraft but it actually works really well and is one of the central mods of the pack. It acts as a bit of a tutorial early on, then after that gives you a sense of progression and something to aim for.
- It seems to be really well balanced... much thought has gone into this pack!
Other than that it's got most of the usual suspects mod wise - Thermal Expansion, Tinkers Construct, OpenBlocks, ExtraUtilities, MFR, etc. plus a fair few mods that we haven't seen before, all heavily tweaked for the pack.
If anyone else is interested in playing it then I'll pop up a server; our current hardware has a bit of extra capacity so I can easily have it running alongside Monster. Let me know!